When weekends like that come up its best not to regret the beer/cheese gut you have but instead move on to a healthier Monday in hopes of slight redemption.
Thats what soup is for in my books
This soup idea is derived from my dear mothers recipe, back in the day I thought she was crazy lady opting to put apple in her soup–but it gives it a yummy full bodied flavor, especially with the curry. So much better than those thick sludgy ones that come in cansRECIPE
- Medium head of broccoli chopped
- 3/4 Cup Cauliflower/Bok Choi chopped
- 1 Medium Apple diced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion diced
- 4.5 Cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- tsp Curry Powder
- Salt n Pepper
1) In a large pot drizzle a little olive oil and let it warm up on medium-high. Once oil is hot, put in your diced onions and apples. Let those soften up for about 7 minutes until they have sweat a bit.
2) Keep stirring continuosly and add in the broccoli and cauliflower. Let those chill for around 3-4 minutes and then put in your chicken broth.
3) Turn heat up to high until you get a light boil. Once it is boiling turn it down, cover, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes and everything is nice and soft.
4) Season with curry powder, pepper flakes and salt n pepper. Take off heat and let cool down a bit.
5) Put the entire contents of the pot into your blender. You might need to do a little at a time. Blend for 10-20 seconds until everything runs smoothly. Pour into a bowl and consume with some crackers of choice!