“Can a cookie ever be too chewy?”
That is a question I pose for you today after enjoying the most ooey goeey peanutbutter chocolate chunk cookies. These have so much flavor they should be ILLEGAL, they satisfy every rees cup craving you’ve ever had without being overbearing.
This is a cookie you eat on a sunday night with a litre of milk by your side. They are messy you may need a plate. They do not travel that well because of their gooey nature so best to enjoy them in the comfort of your own home.
These babies are a snap to make and everyone is ga-ga for them
So lets get started
Flour-less Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
– 1 Cup Brown Sugar
– 1 Cup Peanutbutter
– 1 Cup 70% Good Quality Dark Chocolate chopped roughly
– 1 Egg
– 1 Tbsp of Vanilla
– 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
– 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- Set your oven to 350 degrees, then set up your pans with parchment paper or cooking spray
- Get the electric mixer out for this one. Put your brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon in the bowl and let it mix for 3-4 minutes until it is well combined and fluffy.
- Add in the teaspoon of baking soda and make sure all is evenly mixed. Now your ready to add in your chopped chocolate. Mix until just combined.
- Throw the dough in the fridge for about 3 hours to ensure the dough gets nice and chilled. (this prevents the cookies from spreading out super thin like mine did in the pictures)
- Use an ice cream scoop, and scoop out the dough into small balls and place 2 inches apart on the tray. They tend to stretch out a bit. You might need 2 trays.
- They take 8-9 minutes to bake but check them at 7 minutes. They are done when the outsides look set and golden brown and the insides still look a little raw. When I took mine out they looked pretty uncooked at 8 minutes, but they set and harden up as they cool.
Do not overcook them or you will loose their chewy-ness!
Once out of the oven let them chill out for about 10 minutes so that they can set and then carefully remove with a large spatula and place on a cooling rack.
Now go ahead and taste the best peanut butter chocolate cookies you will ever taste.