If the words crispy creamy ever deserved to be in a recipe name, it was now. Why did truffles seem so mysterious and frightening to make before?
These beautiful balls of joy are as simple to make as they are fun- as they are YUM. You’ll feel like a chef at godiva as you roll your little ganache-balls in toasted nuts. Youl feel genious when you bite into them moments later and make a mental note to bring this recipe around christmas time.
Step 1: buy cutesy box and ribbon
Step 2: make truffles
Step 3: give box of truffles to your respective chocoholic boyfriends-mom/aunt/grandma/dog groomer
Step 4: be awesome
Lets make these shall we?
Crispy Creamy Nutella Truffles
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup crunch cereal of choice (rice crispies, corn flakes)
Topping: cocoa powder, tempered bittersweet chocolate, toasted crushed almonds
- In double boiler, melt butter, chocolate, nutella, cream and chocolate until just softened. Stir until combined and remove from heat
- Add in cereal, and let cool for 15 minutes
- Pour chocolate mix into heat proof container or tupperware.
- Let harden in fridge for 2.5 hours, or until firm but manageable
- Using a spoon, scoop out chocolate and roll into 3/4 inch sized balls with your hands.
- Place balls on parchment paper or non stick sheet
- When all balls are formed, roll generously into toasted almonds and coco powder.
- Leave 3 or 4 to the end to dip in tempered dark chocolate, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Store in a cool place in an air tight container.