Raw Zucchini and Carrot Salad WITH Peanut Ginger Dressing
No spiralizer, No cry my friends!
The raw food movement sparked my obsession with the peculiar spiralizer instrument that turns even the most unsuspecting vegetables into spaghetti-like strands. After my big move overseas, the most effective utensil I had to transform zucchini was my 99 cent vegetable peeler.
And you know what? it works. More rustic this way too. This salad takes 4 minutes to prepare and I love to bring it to the beach, to work, or just eat at home while simultaneously blogging about it. Health, happiness and love on a plate I call it. What could be more pleasing then crunchy vegetables covered in an asian-inspired peanut sauce? Oh and don’t forget the tangy apples in there, they go beautifully with the nutty dressing.
If you have a big appetite like myself toss some edamame or tofu in there for extra protein.
Raw Zucchini Salad Recipe (Serves 1)
- 1/2 large sized Zucchini, shaved or cut into thin slices
- 1 large carrot, shaved or cut into thin slice
- 1/3 of a Red Pepper, julienned
- 1/2 of a Crisp Cold Apple, diced
- Sprigs of fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Cider/white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 tablspoon Peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, grated (I used ginger paste)
- pinch of Brown Sugar
- Combine all veggies together on plate, however way you like it! Top with diced apple and cilantro.
- Prepare dressing: combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until consistent texture
- Pour on veggies, TADA 🙂