Some people get runners high, I get fresh-baked-good-right-out-of-the-oven- high
Same same but different? In fact I get so excited that I usually do something detrimental to ruin said baked good. Aka take brownies out 15 minutes early, then continue to prod at them with various utensils, until they are barely recognizable. Then theres the cooling wait time. Iv spoiled many a banana breads trying to get them out of the pan seconds after they come out of the oven. This results in crumbly distaster that you have to mold back together with peanut butter, Natures glue.
This banana bread process was no different except now that I am blogging I have to take accountability for my disasters so I tried very hard not to mangle this guy. but OMG is it ever good!
flour- smhour who needs it
Perfect level of sweet, thanks to the overripe bananas, and moist is an understatement. My excitement for this banana bread is over the top and I will now force feed my father this until he finally admits that gluten free baked goods can taste hella good.
Scuse me while I smother a slice in some almond butter. (dying)
whatcha waitin for??
Gluten Free Berry Banana Bread
- 3 Cups Quick Oats
- 3 Ripest Bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 frozen blueberries
- Set oven to 350 and grease a banana bread pan
- Start by making your oat flour- using a food processor put 3 cups of oats in and blend for about a minute until the consistency is more smooth and flour-like.
- Whisk the 2 Cups of oat flour and baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine: brown sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, mashed bananas, greek yogurt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well for about 2 minutes
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the wet mix until it is all combined.
- Fold in berries and pour into baking pan.
- Sprinkle with oats and cinnamon and place in oven
- Set timer for 35 minutes. It may take up to 45 though, just use the knife trick and make sure it mostly comes out clean.
- Let it cool before you use a knife to plop it out onto a plate. Be gentle.
- YAY you can eat it now. Serve with nut butter and a glass of milk. cheya.