sometimes preparation is just as fun as the actual thing
First family get together since I’ve been away and I wanted it to be especially sweet. I’m taking full reigns of the menu tonight, and because I was to be precoocupied preparing the rest of the meal, chatting with family, etc, I wanted to make an app that was make ahead.
Baked pita chips are as simple as it gets, besides actually buying the bag. These chips have been made by my mom and I for years. They are straight up as addictive as LAYS chips, yet are lightly dressed and baked in minutes. I often spice them with oregano, basil and parmesan but that’s for another occasion!
THE DIP- wow. This is the kinda dip that will make you kiss your food processor after. Too easy. Creamy and Garlicy with a hint of thyme. Use this on anything from chicken to sandwiches to roasted potatoes. A true staple. Guest wont ever guess there is cottage cheese hidden in this creamy whipped delight.
Baked Pita Chips Recipe
- 1 package medium pita pockets
- salt n pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice sides of pita pockets off, allowing you to peel the pita pockets in 2.
- In a small heatproff bowl, add butter and olive oil, and microwave for 40 seconds or until melted.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush oil/butter mixture on the inside of the pitas. Don’t overcoat
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Slice pitas in pie shaped pieces. Or however you like!
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until just lightly golden. Watch carefully because they burn QUICK.
- Cool and Serve
- Store in air tight container for up to 5 days.
Creamy Garlic-Feta Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces feta, cut into chunks
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 heaping tablespoon cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme for topping
- extra olive oil for topping
- Combine everything in a food processor, and blend till your mixture is smooth
- Serve with fresh thyme and additional olive oil
- Store in air tight container