I could eat that crumble topping for lunch. Its the dangerous and irresistible crisp factor that occurs when you meld butter and cinnamon and oats. Its rare and almost only happens when your making an apple crumble so you have to savour it.
Or you could just make this granola… which graciously offers all the delightful apple crisp crunch but in an accessible handful. Oh and minus the butter (sorry). A couple tablespoons of coconut oil will fool you into thinking its mucho decadent.
Eat this by the pawful, toss it on top of your yogurt n’ berries, or sprinkle on your cereal and almond milk. Its additively, conveniently, snack-able.
Crunchy Apple Crisp Granola Recipe
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 2.5 tablespoon brown sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 apples/1 large apple peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 farenheit and prepare baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, apple, and almonds in medium bowl.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry, until thoroughly coated.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes, stirring twice to assist in even baking.