Dang Gwyneth girl, you make a good soup!
Described as ‘the perfect soup’ by Ms Paltrow herself, this spicy creamy mouth explosion is likely to be your new fall go-to. Flipping through ‘Its All Good’ cookbook, I was immediately pulled in by my favourite word (chipotle) in one of her ‘Vegan and Elimination Diet friendly’ soup recipes. A lil smoky sweet goes a looong way in my bowl.
If you haven’t had the chance to check out ‘Its All Good’, take a gander at your Chapters. its PACKED with simple & delicious recipes for the feel-good eater or experimental vegan. Lots of gluten free and vegetarian too!
Spicy Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle Recipe (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs cilantro, leaves reserved for garnish. Stems tied together with a piece of string.
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo (I used more for really spicy)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro sprigs, and salt.
- Cook, stirring now and then for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chipotle and sweet potato and stir to combine
- Add vegetable stock to the pot and turn up the heat
- Once the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender (about 30 minutes)
- Remove and discard cilantro
- Carefully puree soup with a hand or standup blender until nicely smooth.
- Garnish with yogurt and reserved cilantro leaves