Everyone can use another quick meal pour uno in their roster to shovel down in between getting off work and running out the door for evening activities. Why not make the meal delicious, seasonal, and body-glow inducing? Like tap your feat and go MMMMMM satisfying.
To make this extra snappy, I pre steam the sweet potatos in advance before lightly sautéing in coconut oil. Sweet potatoes are some of natures healthiest foods, and steaming them as a form of cooking is one of the best ways to preserve their antioxidants and blood-sugar regulating nutrients!
Spicy Sweet Potato Hash Recipe (1 large serving)
- 1/2 sweet potato, steamed until lightly softened 8-10 minutes
- tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- On a medium pan set to med-high, melt coconut oil and toss in minced garlic and onions. Cook until lightly translucent.
- Add in steamed sweet potatoes, red peppers, and water. Turn heat up a bit.
- Season with cumin, thyme, chili powder and generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Fry mixture about 4 minutes longer, then add in handful of baby spinach. Toss until spinach is lightly wilted
- Remove from pan, and eat right away!
- Serve with sriracha and your favorite vegan yogurt!