Something about spaghetti feels so luxurious. Twirling it with a fork, sluuurping noodle by noodle, soaking up every last morsel of sauce goodness. Its romantic and sloppy at the same time.
The magic is not lost on this uber nutritious bowl o’ zucchini. Roasted vegetables give it a decadent and comforting flavor, boosted by the addition of classic italian dried herbs.
You’l swoon for the way your house smells as these veggies are a’roastin. You’ll be smitten with the way your tummy feels after this simple italian decadence (minus the post-ward carb coma)
If you don’t have squash kicking around, or just hate sawing through large vegetables as much as I do, you can sub in red peppers, carrots, pumpkin- Go wild!
Zucchini Pasta with Roasted Squash and Cherry Tomatoes (Serves 2)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 cup butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Roast your vegetables: Preheat oven to 400 F, combine cubed butternut squash and tomatoes with olive oil, garlic and dried herbs. Spread out evenly coated vegetables on a large prepared cooking tray.
- Bake until squash is tender, and tomatoes are blistered (about 20 minutes). Stir halfway through.
- While vegetables are baking, prepare your zucchini noodles. You can use a spiralizer to make it easy, a cheese grater, or just a regular old knife.
- Once vegetables are tender, remove from oven and toss with raw zucchini noodles.
- Drizzle noodles with just enough warm vegetable broth to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper and parmesan.