Coconut addicts unite! Moist and chewy macaroons, sweetened with honey and ripe mangos. Bite into these babies and get wave of your last island vacation. Refined sugar, and gluten free, these little macaroons please everyone while remaining a clean and light dessert.
Can we get some sunshine please? Im starting to look part zombie with the lack of sun situation that has been occuring as of late. It doesnt help that I work evenings and sleep until 4 all day… I crave the feeling of warm sun on my cheeks!
As the gorgeous fall days we know and love come to an end, and dreary November takes over Its a perfect time to inspire your taste buds with something tropical.
Mango Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Ingredients (makes 9 macaroons)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh mango, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 and line cookie tray with parchment paper
- Combine shredded coconut and honey in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds until smooth-ish and combined
- Add in egg whites and vanilla extract and blend a little more.
- Add in mango, and blend in using short pulses (about 10) on the food processor. You want them dispersed in little chunks but not completely blended with the coconut.
- Scoop mixture with a tablespoon into little round mounds on your cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly golden on the bottoms and edges.