Its like the majestic potato chip and the sweet potato fry just had a beautiful offspring.
These sweet potato chips are a harmonious flavour of sweet, salty, and fresh herb. They are a kettle chip minus the deep fryer and transfats. They are a healthy chip. Praise the heavens.
Preparing a crispy chip via oven is not something that I take lightly. After trying and testing several methods of producing sweet potato chips, I believe I have come up with a no fail way to produce the yummiest of all.
The key is keep the oven at a lower temperature, and to cook for longer in order to prevent burning. As well, thinly slicing the potatoes with a Y-Shaped peeler will give you the best texture.
No- Fail Rosemary Garlic Sweet Potato Chips Recipe (2 serving)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled thinly with a Y-shaped peeler
- light sprinkling of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- generous amounts of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 360 F. Prepare your pan with cooking spray and/or tinfoil.
- Combine your peeled potatoes in a bowl with oil, minced rosemary, dried thyme and lots of salt and pepper.
- Lay out sweet potato strips being careful not to overlap. You might need 2 pans.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy to your liking. *Flip over sweet potato strips half way through cooking time. Dont be alarmed if the edges are burny or dark brown, they will still taste perfection.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. They will crisp up a little more upon cooling.