Hearty chicpeas and quinoa paired with soft and buttery avocado, salty feta and zesty lime. Toss in some red peppers for the crunch factor and you have a spoon full of perfect. Summertime flavours by the mouthfull. Filling, healthy and happy.
If you need a vacation from seasonal soups and roasted errrthang like I did, this hearty salad makes the perfect lunch or side dish. Packed with protein, vitamins, and fiber oh my!
Enjoy this wearing you fleecey pants and your cashmere, sipping a hot tea with the heat turned up to 25. Winter is coming but we can pretend its not.
Stay warm my friends!
Vibrant Chicpea-Lime-Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 1 can of chicpeas. rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/3 cup greek feta, cubed
- 1 handful baby spinach, minced
- 2 small avocado, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- juice of one lime
- 4 shakes cumin
- 2 drizzles hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cook your quinoa and set aside to cool.
- Combine chicpeas, diced pepper, avocado, feta, and baby spinach.
- Dash in hot sauce, cumin, salt and pepper, and lime juice.
- Fold in quinoa.
Store in refrigerator, Serve at room temperature.