Rich dark chocolate chunks amidst an oatmeal cookie base dabbled with tangy bursts of POM! Wowee now that’s a cookie I can get down with.
I have been romantic with pomegranates TOO long to not have enjoyed them with dark chocolate. They practically get married in these cookies. Every bite gets a taste of the dazzling combo.
These are the ultimate Christmas cookies to branch away from the usual that you see around at pot-lucks these days. They are completely vegan and can be made gluten free by subbing in almond flour or rice flour for the all purpose. A holiday cookie that is healthy, delicious and rich with antioxidants- what more do you want this time of year?
This is a small recipe but easily doubled or tripled if your expecting pals to come by!
Pomegranate Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe (Makes 9 beautiful cookies)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white or whole wheat flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup/honey/alternative sweetener
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 3 tablespoon warm water
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheet with non stick spray or parchment paper.
- In a small mug, stir chia seeds with warm water and set aside to thicken.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl until combined.
- In separate bowl combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and chia seed mixture.
- Mix wet ingredients thoroughly with the dry.
- Gently fold in chocolate chunks and pomegranate seeds.
- Using your hands, roll cookie dough into 9 balls and place on cookie tray.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until lightly golden brown