Tart, cheeky, and surprisingly creamy; these cherry bombs are a tiny reminiscent of the cherry’s & cream Danish pastries from my childhood’s past.
I’m on a roll…with making balls these days. (sorry) But seriously I can’t stop experimenting and dreaming up recipes for raw and raw-ish treat balls. They are magic in helping me get over my cray cray sugar addiction! A lil date and a lil dried cherry goes a long way folks.
Today is an exciting day because my mum and I are going to meet Joy Mcarthy from Joyous Health at her nutritious living seminar! If you haven’t hear of Joy- meet my new girl crush. Born and raised Torontonian gal, Joy is a phenomenally successful Holistic Nutritionist, Global’s Morning Show nutrition expert, and now cookbook author.
She is incredibly inspiring to anyone looking to improve their lifestyle for the better with food, or like myself, striving towards a career in holistic nutrition.
Still waiting on her cookbook ‘Joyous Health’ for my birthday next week… (wink wink Mom) Her ‘Raw Carrot Cake Ball’ recipe has my name all over it! When I finally get a chance to pour over her cookbook, you can bet I will share a bunch of the tastiest on here. For now, take a bite into these chewy cherry bombs. They take 5 minutes to make and stand up to any decadent dessert; minus the sugar!
Coconut Cherry Bomb Recipe (makes about 10 balls)
- 1/4 cup raw cashew/almonds ( I did a mix)
- 1/4 gluten free quick oats
- 3 mejool dates, soaked in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup dried cherry
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- pinch salt
- pinch vanilla
- Soak your dates in hot water for 3-5 minutes to loosen them up and give them some moisture
- Start by blending up nuts, quick oats and salt until a coarsely chopped into tiny bits. (about 20 seconds in the food processor)
- Toss in cherries, coconut, vanilla, soaked dates (without water)
- Pulse or blend in short bursts until the mix starts to pull together, about 8 or 9 pulses
- Scoop out and form 9-12 small balls.
- Store at room temperature or refridgerator in an air-sealed bag.