Cinnamon-kissed, packed with tart apple chunks and crunchy granola- these powerful muffins are a delicious way to fiber up!
I have been treading lightly on the muffin making lately, after producing my fair share of flavoured card board. Although sometimes I think I can just throw any type of flour plus some dried fruit and call it a muffin masterpiece, the baking gods have other plans in mind 😉
The more creative I get in the kitchen, the more disasters that tend to occur- but this also leads to some pretty awesome ‘AHA’ moments too! Nothing ventured nothing gained right?
Like this week, inspired by ‘The Simple Veganista Blog’ I put hummus in my salad dressing. Just your staple maple/Dijon/olive oil/lemon dressing. I was out of tahini but still wanted some creamy complexity to my dressing. It was UNREAL! Oh and today I enjoyed an open faced hummus sandwich on sprouted wheat toast with apple & alfalfa sprouts– MAKE THIS RIGHT NOW. Is there anything hummus cant do?
If you are like me, and tend to carry around snacks that keep your blood sugar levels steady, and tummy content, you will want to make these gorgeous muffins. They are packed with healthy fiber, taste delicious and are gluten-free!
Make em right now, smother them in almond butter, and call it a day.
Apple Flax Granola Muffins (makes 6 large muffins)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup your favourite granola. I used Nutrition Stripped Maple Banana Nut Granola
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins
- Combine all dry ingredients including apple into a medium bowl
- Combine maple syrup, oil and water in a small bowl.
- Pour liquid ingredients in with the dry and stir until batter is fully combined.
- Scoop batter into 6 muffin tins and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minute until tops of muffins are browned.
- Enjoy right away or freeze!